Friday, August 7, 2009

Chloe's 6th Birthday

Today is Chloe's 6th birthday! I remember this day 6 yrs ago well. From the time Jill was induced to when the Doctor said the Jill would need a c-section to finally getting see and hold Chloe for the first time it was such an amazing day! I'll never forget certain memories about the experience.

I remember prior to the day that we went through years of frustration trying to concieve and the thoughts in the back of your mind that you may not have children. We went through tests and started the really early stages of fertility stuff. Then God graciously allowed us to conceive and it was awesome! Our church where we were serving at was ecstatic because they had been praying for us for some time!

I remember on the day itself getting wisked away from Jill and told to put on some disposable scrubs over my clothes and wait until somebody would come and get me. I put on the scrubs and waited, waited, and waited some more for somebody to come, nobody came. Finally one of the janitorial staff came through the area I was in and I asked him if he was there to take me to my wife and he looked at me as if I were crazy (I later found out that he did not understand English that well when he went and got another gentleman who then went and found somebody to take me to her). By the time I arrived in the O.R. they were about to start. It was quick and Jill and Chloe were both healthy. I got to carry Chloe to the nursery and when I arrived there were over 20 people from our church outside the big window! They erupted with cheers and we all were crying!

Fatherhood has blown me away ever since! We've obviously added more blessings to our family but each day, even the frustating ones, are such a gift! Chloe you will always be Daddy's Girl - I love you! Happy Birthday!

My prayer for Chloe is this: May she embrace Christ as Savior and be a passionate servant of The King! Thank you Lord for all of my children!

1 comment:

  1. I remember that day very well too! I cannot believe it has been 6 years! I still remember the night you told all of us in your living room that Jill was pregnant...dang...I was so happy for you two...and now you have three kids! I remember going to the hospital right after school and seeing you in the nursery and looking down at Chloe. I also remember us looking over and seeing a giant baby that was basically the size of the toddler! Oh...and of course...you getting your first sip of Coke after Chloe's birth. But most of all, I remember the joy in both your's and Jill's eyes when you would hold your beautiful baby girl. I love you guys and miss ya'll so much!

    ReplyDelete