Tuesday, September 8, 2009

This is a great story

I must admit I'm a huge Albert Pujols fan. He is born again and handles himself with a humility that most athletes of our day do not. I'm not neccessarily a St. Louis Cardinals fan, though it would be easier to be a Cardinals fan than an Orioles nut and Pirates fan (the start of every season brings hope then the let down happens at some time later in the season, some seasons it's earlier than others), but this story really tugged at my heart and I wanted to share it.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/A34B97533108A7C786257627000A2C90?OpenDocument

It's not the disability that matters it's the transformation that God brings about in the lives of those around those with disabilities that is truly amazing. I say this as one transformed in such a way. In college I worked for 2 1/2 years in a group home for individuals who were mentally retarded and developmentally disabled and God did a work in my heart through contact with these awesome individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment