Sunday, August 2, 2009

Our Night Away

Jill and I recently had a chance to go out of town together. It was the first time in at least 7 years that we were able to do so. Living so far from family and having 3 children puts a damper on that. It's difficult to find someone willing to watch the kids overnight so we've always spent our time together after they've gone to bed. Our wonderful friends the Pauley's know kids, since they have 3 as well, and Wendy is supermom so they agreed to watch our 3 so we could go outta town for the night - we had watched their crew for their 10th anniversary in May.

We booked a dinner cruise on Lake Norman outside of Charlotte along with staying a night in a hotel not far from the lake. I have to admit I was like a nervously excited schoolboy on a first date! We talked and talked leading up to leaving and the weekend was beyond anything I expected! We had such a blessed time together! The time together and the cruise were amazing and I'm so thankful that God gave us this time!

We've been married for 10 years and each day gets better! That feeling of an excited schoolboy is one which I get to experience on a continual basis with Jill in my life. I have been so blessed that my mate is my best friend! Lord I thank you for Jill and the blessing she is in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment