Monday, August 3, 2009

I.A. Camp (pt.2)

An amazing thing to see is how God has His hand on this camp and provides the needs that arise as the camp draws near. As of two weeks before the start of camp 70 sponsors were needed. To sponsor a camper is $175. In two weeks God in His graciousness provided for this need!

I left on Friday the 25th to go to Billy's house so that I could be there for the putt putt tournament fundraiser that was the next day which was the day before Camp started. In hand I had my fee and two full sponsorships. These sponsorships came through the giving nature of the 2 small groups we have been involved with at our present church, North Wake Church in Wake Forest, NC. While there God provided another through my sister-in-law Denise and her husband Eric. I'm so thankful for the giving nature of these people and the fact that God has placed them all in our lives.

Another humbling example of God's provision is seen in this story. On Saturday while at the tournament their where various people who came and played and participated in the silent auction. Billy, his son Ridge, his summer intern Adam, and myself formed a team and were playing on the course when Billy was approached by a woman. This woman was quite tall and slender and it could be seen that she was excited to talk to him. I talked with Billy after she left and was blown away to hear that she was a recovering addict who had come to know Christ as Savior who had come to support the camp. She did not have enough money for the $15 fee per person to play so along with her friend they put together the money the had on hand and paid the $15 to help support the efforts of the day on behalf of the camp! Wow! I was humbled to hear this!

Through donations such as these God covered the needs of the camp! It's so amazing to see Him at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment