Sunday, February 1, 2009

Thoughts on a Super Bowl Weekend

This weekend was a great weekend cap off by a game for the ages. Saturday started off on quite a sad note. I received a call from my Mom about my Pop Pop, my 86 year old grandfather. He recently had bloodwork and the results were not good - cancer. This call was followed by a call I placed to my Uncle as we discussed Pop Pop's health and had prayer. We are unsure of what the upcoming days will hold but will be consistent in lifting up this situation in prayer. To top off the morning while on the phone Caleb grabbed my brand new glasses (they were two days old) and broke them. Thankfully, I was able to take my glasses to where I had purchased them and get them fixed. From there we attended Chloe's Upward game and then left for Fayetteville, NC.

We arrived in Fayetteville and got to visit with our dear friends Steve and Jennifer Lloyd. We were there because God had opened the door to preach at the church where Steve is the Pastor, Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church, for their annual Men's Day. It's always great to spend time with Steve. God has blessed me to have an amazing man of God in my life such as Steve, I'm honored to call my best friend.

Sunday Morning was great. Steve's church was wonderful. I know that my small group from North Wake and many friends were praying because while preaching there was a freedom while in the pulpit. Preaching is addictive! I love it! There is no doubt that this is what I want to do for the rest of my life! I have no idea if that will be in the pulpit or with youth but either way God has placed a burning passion to share His Word!

We returned on Sunday afternoon. We stopped at Sam's Club to "cook" some things (some wings and a huge pillsbury brownie) for our small group Super Bowl Party then we went to the Party and had a wonderful time. We left during the third quarter because Jill was almost out on her feet and the kids were tired from the busy weekend. We arrived home in time to see the fourth quarter of an amazing game with a jaw dropping ending. I was on the fence, as a lifelong Redskins fan, about who I wanted to win and when Larry Fitzgerald ran away from everbody and scored and then the Steelers started off their final drive with a holding penalty I thought it was over. The Ben took over! Santonio Holmes made some great plays but Ben should have been the MVP. The Steelers play ugly but when the game is on the line Big Ben steps up! It was a game for the ages!

What a roller coaster of emotions this weekend. From Saturday's news to Sunday morning's joy and freedom in the pulpit to Sunday evening's game it was quite a few days. Through it all God showed Himself to be faithful and I praise Him for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment