Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Our 1st Surgery

We've been blessed with our three children. So far God has been gracious and they've all had good health. On February 26th we will experience a first for us, Chloe will be having surgery to remove her adnoids and place tubes in her ears. It took 30 seconds in the ENT's office today, during which he looked in each ear, for him to say that is what is needed. With my big mouth I immediately blurted out "you only need 30 seconds to know that for sure?!". The Doctor's response was to point at his gray, balding hair and say, "trust me I know." My response was, "the Bible says that is a crown and that I wasn't meaning to sound sarcastic." His follow up was interesting, "just like you can look at Psalm 23 and know what it's about I know this because I see it everyday and it will be fine." That was an interesting exchange and it calmed me some. Soooo...we will be going with her on the 26th for her surgery!

We got to this point because she has been having trouble with her hearing for a little while now. She failed her school hearing test and it was the same at the pediatrician when they followed up. If she has her back turned she doesn't hear us well and when she watches tv she asks for the sound to be turned up. All of this is due to fluid build up in her ears. The heartbreaking thing today for me was watching her take her hearing test and seeing that she was unable to hear some of what was said while she was really trying to concentrate on listening.

A friend said, in response to an email prayer request I sent, that this procedure will be harder on us than on her and I believe she's right. Our prayer is that God uses this to grant her better hearing and that the procedure and recovery go smoothly. Please be in prayer for her and us!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Dale, I'll be praying for her...and you and Jill. I had no idea she was struggling with her hearing.
    ~Amanda Greene

    ReplyDelete