Saturday, January 17, 2009

Quiet Time

This year Jill and I are reading through the Bible in a year. I'm excited to be doing this again and for the first time with Jill. I had done this during my Quiet Time for 6 yrs then this past year I went through a couple devotionals and the New Testament but it was not as fruitful as reading through the Bible in a year had been. We are using the Every Day With Jesus Bible: A One-Year Reading Bible (HCSB). The format is a reading from the Old and New Teastaments along with sections of a Psalm and a Proverb then a devotion follows up the reading. I have greatly enjoyed this so far and look forward to the rest of the year.

A great challenge today came in the closing prayer of the devotion.
"O Father, help me come to the quiet time expectantly - expectancy that here my weakness shall become strength, my doubt become faith, my fears become courage, and my sin become redemption. I ask this for Your Name's sake. Amen."

May I always approach my time with You with expectancy! Father may I be repentant when when I do not do so. Create in me a heart of expectancy that longs for You! This is the cry of my heart today - may it be the same for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment