Tuesday, January 20, 2009

THE GREAT SNOWSTORM!

All day yesterday we heard warnings of the great snowstorm coming our way - 2 to 4 inches in the south are like a foot or more in the north. I checked the county schools website last night and saw that school was cancelled by 9:30pm - now I was considering breaking into one of those "when I was a kid" stories of growing up in the north here but I'll spare you the details of snow, freezing weather, abusive parents making us wait for the bus while we battled frostbite and snowmonsters and went bravely to school (I'll just say we didn't get out of school that often and most of the time we prayed for a delay). Soooo, when Jill got home from work she woke us up to show us the snow and we bundled up the kids to go outside. Caleb and Caitlyn went outside and Chloe stayed inside because she is still not feeling well. Here are some pics of there 15 minute adventure - that's how long the kids lasted before the wind and snow got to them!



Caleb looked hilarious in his snowsuit! When Jill put it on him with snowboots he wobbled all over the house falling down so we changed him into sneakers and he was able to manuever - when he was wobbling around he looked just like Ralphy's little brother Randy in "A Christmas Story", we were laughing so hard it hurt!



Here's Caleb after trying to imitate Jill doing a snow angel! He had a blast his first time in the snow! Jill was laughing her head off the whole time she was doing the snow angel - it was hilarious!



It took some coaxing to get Caitlyn off the porch but here she is venturing out!


Caitlyn finally went and "played" a little! None of the kids have seen much snow, especially being born in South Carolina! Living just outside of the great ski resort of Myrtle Beach will hamper getting to see snow :)!



Here's one of me and my little man! STUDS!
After this pic Caleb licked some of the snow off of his mitten and looked at me and smiled I then whispered in his ear that "my Father made that"...He is so good to us and moments like this with family remind me of that! I praise You for the snow today and the enjoyment is brings! I praise You for my family to enjoy it with!

No comments:

Post a Comment