Saturday, April 11, 2009

Chris Tomlin Concert

In the midst of a difficult week with the death of my Pop Pop God gave a wonderful night at the Chris Tomlin Concert in Winston-Salem on Thursday night. We had made plans weeks ago with some wonderful friends from our small group the Joyce's. We also made plans to have a sitter for Caleb (we weren't sure if he'd make it through). The girls were sooo excited and from the moment they heard of the concert they had the countdown on!

It was an awesome time of worship! I have to admit to see the girls dancing, singing, and at times watching those around them worship was amazing. Chloe stood by me and she would look out at those in the audience with their hands raised in worship and would look at me and Jill doing the same and them catch herself at times doing the same and that was precious. When "God of this City" started it blew me away. It starts quietly and slow and then build but the girls where singning out right from the beginning and it sent chills down my spine! I looked at Chloe and she meant every word and was singing out to Jesus! I found myslef not able to sing as I welled up in praise and tears to the One who she was singing about! My prayer is that this will be the cry of her heart as she and Caitlyn and Caleb will all one day embrace the same Jesus we sang to as Savior!

Here are some pics of our night:
This is before Tomlin started playing, me with the girls and the Joyce's in the background (Chris, Stephnie, and beautiful Madeline)
Best pic we got of the stage (just believe me it's Chris Tomlin)
Worshipping with daddy's girl!
I praise you Lord for our wonderful night!

1 comment:

  1. It was so awesome to see you there that night. I didn't get a chance to tell you but that morning God lais you on my heart while I was working and I started praying for you. All day long everytime God would bring you to mind I would stop and say a little prayer for you. Then when you walked up on me that night, it was all I could do to keep from almost crying. It was such a God thing for you to be there that night. I am so sorry to hear about the death in your family. It's so amazing how God puts simple things in our life like a concert to help build us back up when we have had a bad week. Love you man!

    ReplyDelete