Thursday, July 22, 2010

Getting settled in

We are getting settled in. Boxes are a real pain to lug around and unpack but Jill has the house arranged and we have been able to have people over to hang out and eat. We hope to have people over more to be able to get to know them more intimately and to be able to serve and love on them. It is a great joy to be able to do this and we look forward to this aspect of serving the Body.

My parents visited for an entire week! This doesn't happen often so we had an amazing week! Mom (one of the truly nicest people ever) had a blast with the kids and Jill. Dad (one of my heroes) got to hang out with the kids and have some "man" time with Caleb. By the end of the week the kids were loving all over them and they were eating it up!

I look forward to more visits now that we are moved in and at a place where we are hoping to establish some roots. It is difficult not living near family as most of our siblings do but HE has always blessed us with those from the Body that love and serve us well as we do the same for them - what a beautiful expression of the Gospel that is! Serving our great God and King is a distinct privilege and we would not change a thing!

As of today I guess you can say we are official South Carolinians again. We switched out tags on the vehicles on Monday but couldn't do the same for our drivers liscences because I didn't have a birth certificate (never had one for 35 yrs) and Jill didn't have a marriage certificate (never had one for 11 yrs of marriage - yes, we are legally married) to prove who we are to the fine state of South Carolina. We had them "super air mailed" so that we could get this done and we finally got this done this morning. It was good Jill did this (I should not have complained about the cost) because my D.O.T. physical expires tomorrow and I wouldn't have been able to renew my CDL without it. So, South Carolina now has a ton of our money (and will continue to collect in the years to come) and we are now "official" residents.

It was a good thing I renew my CDL because my dear friend Billy Wayne called to ask if I would drive their bus with a load of campers this upcoming week (that should be fun - lol). I'm leaving on Saturday to serve at Billy's Jr. I.A. Camp next week but before I leave I have to get my physical tomorrow. I will be updating on facebook how HE is moving at camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment