Monday, August 9, 2010

A Wonderful Blessing

Over the past week I have been on a mission to find some Bibles for our church. I contacted two different publishers in my search. I first contacted Crossway publishers who publishes the ESV (English Standard Version) which I preach from. I also contacted B&H publishing, which publishes the HCSB (Holman Christian Standard Bible) which we use in all of our Sunday School materials, who was unable to help.

When I contacted Crossway and was totally blown away! They agreed to send us 40 Bibles for free! I was so blessed that I decided to send a message on facebook to Justin Taylor who is an editor at Crossway and writes a blog "Between Two Worlds" that I read daily. When I contacted him he said he would send another case (24) to us! I have loved reading books published by Crossway for years and love reading and studying from the ESV. I was humbled by the graciousness they showed us.

The gift of these Bibles from Crossway is one that will not be soon forgotten! They will be used in our pews and in follow up as we see people embrace Christ as Savior! I cannot begin to thank them enough for this gift! WOW!

1 comment:

  1. that is awesome. very hard for a Christian business to give away product - even if "product" is the Word of God. I'm very impressed. keep up the good work Dale. - Aubry

    ReplyDelete